Welcome To The World Of A Cycling Dad

From Gaming to Paintball to RC Driting to Golfing and finally to Cycling! Never did I thought that I would one day be hooked onto Cycling but here I am and there is no turining back! The roads maybe long, the climbs maybe steep and the downhills maybe deep... but as my RFC captain always says,

"As Long As The Mind Is Willing, The Body Will Follow!"





Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Transition

I have loved Paintball for as long as I can remember. Ever since my 1st game in Bukit Tiggi 7 years ago. The joy of shooting someone, the adrenaline rush of being shot at and the pain of being shot. It was all part of the lifestyle called Paintball.

My real start was after getting to know my then colleague and HR manager - Jason "Cookie Monster" Ramesh. He was the head honco and creater of Paintball Maniacs group in Facebook. His tagline was "Now Everyone Can Play". He brought me to my 1st real game in Tanamera, Sg Buloh and after that everything else was history.

From Team Napshot Marauderz to Maniacs Corp to ESP to Traitors and finally The Simpsons. All these teams were special to me and we went thru sweat and blood together. Winning tournaments and losing some... but after going into Speedball full time with The Simpsons which I created with fellas from Traitors did the pinch started. My wife was pregnant and the medical cost together with Paintball cost was too much to handle and I took a short break from Paintballing.

It was around the same time that something new caught hold of me. 2 of my colleagues form IT-OCBC were cyclist in the offroad scene and their talk about it caught hold of my heart. It was fun, exciting, thrilling and cost nothing whenever you ride. Well of course there is the initial investment to get a bike... but that was all going to be covered by the sale of my RC cars and equipment.

The final event that sealed my path down the cycling road was an email from OCBC Sports Club that there was a cycling charity event and it involved cycling from KL to Singapore. I thought to myself, what an opportunity! To be able to exercise and lose weight and at the same time give something back to the community. I told my wife about this new thing that I wanted to get myself into. Approval was granted, RC was sold and a New Start Begins....

No comments:

Post a Comment