Welcome To The World Of A Cycling Dad

From Gaming to Paintball to RC Driting to Golfing and finally to Cycling! Never did I thought that I would one day be hooked onto Cycling but here I am and there is no turining back! The roads maybe long, the climbs maybe steep and the downhills maybe deep... but as my RFC captain always says,

"As Long As The Mind Is Willing, The Body Will Follow!"





Sunday, November 15, 2009

The MTB Poison Is Strong With This One..

From the time I decided to go into cycling, Ian and Teh were already very much into the whole MTB scene. So I did my research on the net and chatted with both of them. The terms "Hard-Tail", "Full-Sus", "Group Set" and "Shimano something" which was all very alien to me as all I was accustomed to last time was my simple plain and easy BMX.

And then Ian showed me the website http://www.bicyclebuysell.com/. It was one of the leading buy and sell forum for bicycle related stuff. So spent the entire night immersed into the site. Book-marking several ads and print screens several bikes. The poison flow was getting stronger and stronger.

That week's Friday during lunch I went back to Taman Melawati to my neighbour's bicycle shop - Bike World. There were tons of good looking bikes and accessories on display. Some of the Forks cost RM3000++.... MAD OR WHAT? The bikes there were also damn expensive. All about RM2000... until I saw one that caught my eye. A black and white Raleigh Elite. It was a Hard-Tail XC bike and after discount it would cost me RM1700. My heart had caught hold already at that time but was still unsure so I went back to work reluctantly.

The following week, I brought Ian there with me to see the bike and get his opinion. He said it was not bad and worth considering. When we got back to work, we saw that the email for the training sessions were out already and the 1st training was just the following week at Bukit Jelutong-Guthrie Highway. It was to be a 30km ride.

I was feeling very "Kan Cheong" at that time cos I didn't have a bike yet. And so I made up my mind. I would buy the bike ASAP. And so there I was, at the shop with my Credit Card.

*Slot in*
*Key in the amount*
*Receipt came out*
*Sign*
.. DONE DEAL!!

I was now a proud owner of a Raleigh Elite Hard-Tail XC bike fitted with Shimano Deore Group Set. I lef the shop with my new bike, a helmet, a bottle cage, cycling pants and a saddle bag with head lights and rear blinker... WOOHOOOO!!

The whole time frame from being poisoned till the sale took about 2 weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment