Welcome To The World Of A Cycling Dad

From Gaming to Paintball to RC Driting to Golfing and finally to Cycling! Never did I thought that I would one day be hooked onto Cycling but here I am and there is no turining back! The roads maybe long, the climbs maybe steep and the downhills maybe deep... but as my RFC captain always says,

"As Long As The Mind Is Willing, The Body Will Follow!"





Thursday, May 13, 2010

Farewell Team RFC, Welcome Team RRFC

As the above title suggest, I am saying farewell to "Team Ride For the Children" because the Team no longer just "Rides". We now RUN as well. So welcome "Team Ride & Run For the Children". But I seriously doubt we will be riding and running down to Singapore for next year's KL-2-SG ride.

On 14th November 2010, there will be an event in Sitiawan, Perak - Malakoff Powerman 2010, which the team has decided to participate in.
There will be 2 categories :

1) 11km run-64km cycle-11km run
2) 5.5km run-34km cycle-5.5km run

Naturally we will be joining the 2nd category except for Lee Weng Khong who will be going for the main category. Therefore in order to train for this event, the RFCs will start adding running into the weekly training as well. The 1st running training was on Tuesday 11th May 2010 at Lake Gardens 6:40pm.

Since I left my old Power running shoe in Pasir Ris Bungalow-Singapore, over the weekend, went to 1Utama for shopping. The New Balance shop was having a sale - "Trade in your old shoe to get rebate up to RM100". Bought a running shoe with high-arch and it was white and orange in color. Matching for my bike as well... hahaha...

On Tuesday, after work changed to my running attire in the office - sleeveles dry fit with all tattoos blazing. While walking out of the office, didn't notice that my HOD was still in the office and was looking at me. YIKES!! Anyway the walk to the Lake Garden was quite a distance actually. What Ian and I wasn't prepared for was the entire KL Main branch also running along... wish we had brought PowerGel along hahaha...

1 loop around the lake was 2.4km and we were supposed to do 2 loops but cos it was late already, our trainer Mr Khoo Chin Aik said we will do 1 round only. Thank GOD for that!! On the 1st half loop I already couldn't keep up with the rest. Thighs were aching and couldn't breathe properly. Possibly due to the smoking earlier on instigated by Austin!! So started alternating between walking and jogging... finally managed to finish the loop in 20+ minutes. The rest of the guys did it in around 15 to 17minutes. Our OCBC CEO did 1 loop in 11minutes... WALAU EH!!

Running was more difficult than I had imagine. I'd rather cycle MEX highway 10times rather than run!! LOL!! Unfortunately it seems that running will be a permanent part of the RFCs schedule from now on. From Cycling to Duathlon (I think its called that).., the plan was to add in swimming next year and we can all be tri-athletes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment