Welcome To The World Of A Cycling Dad

From Gaming to Paintball to RC Driting to Golfing and finally to Cycling! Never did I thought that I would one day be hooked onto Cycling but here I am and there is no turining back! The roads maybe long, the climbs maybe steep and the downhills maybe deep... but as my RFC captain always says,

"As Long As The Mind Is Willing, The Body Will Follow!"





Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Hurtful Week

This week is not a good week. Its only Thursday and I am so hating it already.

After more than a week of no cycling, I decided to cycle on Tuesday nite with the Tat Seng gang. The RFCs were not free so I was alone. The ride started out fine... was drafting behind a few MTBs who were drafting behing Kevin Ng... all were doing 30++kmh... On the ride towards Summit it was easy peasy... but after the U-turn, suddenly my right knee tendon started to hurt. OH SHIT!! Instead of pushing down on the pedal I started to pull on the pedal but the pain was still there... managed to finish the whole ride but my avg speed dropped to 28kmh.

After cooling down back at the LRT station, I headed home and as I stepped out of the car, my right knee gave way again... the pain was sharp!! It was my tendon for sure... sigh!! Went into the house and put on the ice pack and rubbed the anti-inflamatory cream onto the knee. The next day the pain was still there.. FUCK... looks like I have to opt out of this Friday's night ride in Putrajaya... and I was so looking forward to it!!

Thursday morning, woke up feeling a bit sore on the lower back right side... thought it was nothing... dropped off Ryan at the baby sitter's house and proceeded to fetch darling to the LRT station... on the way, suddenly any small movement - even a deep breathe - and my lower back was screaming!! This was the same pain I had a few weeks back.. oh DAMN!! After dropping darling at the LRT I headed to the Clinic in Bandar Puteri but couldn't get out of the car. Was waiting in the car for about 10mins before I managed to pull myself out... in the clinic I didn't sit down as I was more comfortable standing up and then the doc asked me to lie down so that he could administer the injection. It took me quite a while to get onto the bed and after the jab, I just let my body weight slide me off the bed... LOL

Went back home and took the prescribed painkillers and KO on the bed... couldn't move as the pain was still unbearable... only after waking up at 2pm was the pain gone but felt sore all over and numb... Sigh... What a Fucked Up week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment