Welcome To The World Of A Cycling Dad

From Gaming to Paintball to RC Driting to Golfing and finally to Cycling! Never did I thought that I would one day be hooked onto Cycling but here I am and there is no turining back! The roads maybe long, the climbs maybe steep and the downhills maybe deep... but as my RFC captain always says,

"As Long As The Mind Is Willing, The Body Will Follow!"





Saturday, May 1, 2010

Thusday - Monterez

It seems that my day offs, whether it is a weekend, public holiday or on Annual-Leave... I wake up at about 5:30-6:00am. Ironic isn't? On weekdays I wish I could sleep longer, but on off days - BANG - 6:00am rise and shine... LOL

Thursday was no different. Was on Annual Leave... to play Golf... yes you heard me right... took Annual Leave to play Golf. The main reason is cos Munawir can't play on Weekend and as for me, it's just too expensive and crowded to play on weekends.

Picked up Mun at 6:30am and headed out to Monterez. Monterez is located in Shah Alam. It has night golf too. Will definately try that one day. As we got there, there were already a few fellas unloading their golf bags... and it was just 7am. After unloading ours and paying the green fee (RM80 per person - inclusive of Buggy, 1 bottle of mineral water and insurance) we had a light breakfast at the cafeteria. We then decided to start our game immediately so as not to meet up with the other golfers (who were probably better and would give pressure onto our game).

At the check point into the course on the way to the 1st hole, we had to pass the payment slip to the person in charge and was told to "PLEASE TUCK IN YOUR T-SHIRTS"... Aiks!! I had only brought 8 balls with me and was asking each worker I see whether they sold any golf balls or not - NO LUCK... so I made do with the 8 balls I had. At the 1st 3 holes, a marshall on a buggy followed us just to make sure that we knew what we were doing before leaving us along to hack the course.

The course was nice. 2 par 5s, a few par 3s and the rest were par 4s. The HUGE bungalows beside the course were damn awesome!! Makes me wish I stayed there. In the 1st 9 holes, I lost all 8 of the balls to Water Hazzard.. sigh... borrowed some balls from Munawir and managed to make it through the remaining 9. Most of the Par 4s and Par 5s were 'dog legs' - so you couldn't see the flag at all. And today was the 1st time I used my Driver on a course... surprisingly did quite ok.

All in all, it was a damn nice day cos the weather was nice.. cloudy and not too hot. Nearly gotten a few pars but missed it by an inch... but still played way better than I did before. We finished 18 holes in just above 4 hours.. and what perfect time too... as we parked our buggy back and headed for lunch at the cafeteria, it rained cats and dogs... the siren went off signaling that the course was to be closed... and so we could see many other golfers rushing back to the club house.

After lunch - it was back home for some well deserved rest..

No comments:

Post a Comment