Welcome To The World Of A Cycling Dad

From Gaming to Paintball to RC Driting to Golfing and finally to Cycling! Never did I thought that I would one day be hooked onto Cycling but here I am and there is no turining back! The roads maybe long, the climbs maybe steep and the downhills maybe deep... but as my RFC captain always says,

"As Long As The Mind Is Willing, The Body Will Follow!"





Saturday, June 26, 2010

MEX - LCCT - MEX : 110km

5am - RIIIIINGGGG - Snooze - 5:15am - RIIIIINNNGGGG - Snooze - 5:30am - RIIIINGGGGGG - damnit!! Have to wake up!! Took a quick shower, gobbled down the buns I bought the day before and was out the door. Meeting the guys at Ajimal Mamak 6:30am. Ride off time 6:45am. Today were doing a 110km ride from MEX to LCCT and back.

RFC riders today : Adam, Yong, Jun An, Helmi, Ari, Lionel, Freddy and Friend, and myself.

As we entered MEX highway, it started to rain. It was not heavy but just nice. After about 5mins, all our shoes were now soaking in water. The feeling was damn sloshy!! Drafting behind Adam and Helmi, Yong and I were being sprayed by the water fountain spouting up from their back wheel. On the downhill part, I nearly hit into Adam cos when I jammed the brakes.. there was nothing.. not even a feel of slowing down.. and so I overtook him just in time and sprayed water back at him for a change.. LOL
As we reached our 1st pit stop at the MEX toll. We waited for Lionel and Ari to catch up. We took shelter at the toll booth as it was not open but was later shooed away by one of the MEX seciruty personel. We then continued to ride on.

The 2 MTB bikes - Freddy and Friend were basically leading the whole way with Helmi, Jun An and myself following closely. Adam and Yong waited for Ari and Lionel to give them directions. Not long as we were passing the F1 pit, Adam overtook and off they went. We finally came to a stop at the roundabout just before LCCT. We were in good time. Total riding time up to that point was 2hr15mins.
We then decided to rest at the Rest Stop just outside of TuneHotels-LCCT. Me and Jun An decided to wash our bikes a bit as it as covered in dried sand. It was onwards to LCCT from there. As we passed by the main drop and pick up area, we attracted many curious looks from all the people there. Our breakfast was to be at this Asian Restaurant. At 1st when we parked our bikes just outside the shop, we were stopped by the LCCT security and after a bit of debating we were then allowed to park it there. As we ordered our food, Ari and Lionel finally arrived. Curiously, Yong was not with them. I asked Lionel and he said Yong had a flat and was trying to mend the puncture.. SHIT!! Adam and I gobbled down our food and sped off to find Yong.
After about 3kms, we found him. He had punctured both his spare tube as well and I lend him mine and also my trusty bike pump. After pumping up, suddenly Freddy and Friend appeared and then we decided to continue back. We stopped at a Petronas Station just opposite and refueled while Yong had his breakfast. I had another Sandwhich as well. Helmi, Jun An, Lionel and Ari continued on 1st and then only we followed.

After quite a while, I was left behind already. The 2 MTBs were mad. They were doing like 30++ all the way with Yong and Adam following closely. Finally a the B15 highway I managed to catch up with Lionel and overtook him. Then I came upon a sight I was not used to. Helmi!! He was struggling as he just had a cramp. We then later came upon another unfamiliar sight.. Yong. He was waiting for us as he was unsure of the road to take and so the 3 of us pushed on towards MEX highway which we then came upon Jun An - who had waited for me to pass me my arm warmer which I left in LCCT.

And then like a bat of out of hell, my energy came and I pushed all the way back to Ajimal. Adam was already changed and waiting in his van. The 2 MTBs had already gone home. After ordering our drinks (the famous Ajimal 3 Layer Tea), Yong came followed by Jun An and then Helmi. After about an hour, finally Lionel and Ari came. Ari had taken a wrong road and had a puncture and was helped out by Lionel.
All in all it was a good ride.. I was pleased with myself and went back home to sleep!!


Pictures Cortersy of Yong VH

No comments:

Post a Comment