Welcome To The World Of A Cycling Dad

From Gaming to Paintball to RC Driting to Golfing and finally to Cycling! Never did I thought that I would one day be hooked onto Cycling but here I am and there is no turining back! The roads maybe long, the climbs maybe steep and the downhills maybe deep... but as my RFC captain always says,

"As Long As The Mind Is Willing, The Body Will Follow!"





Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Wet Golfing Affair @ Pulau Carey

Regretted staying up late the night before. Went for Snow Beer and then snooker with Allan, Ian and PJ. Slept at 3am. Now looking at the clock it was 6:30am and I was still in bed when I should be at the Proton Showroom along Kesas Highway. DANG!!

Today was supposed to be a golfing day with my Team Lead - Bobby and another colleague Kevin. Sigh.. Bobby is gonna kill me. I sms him saying that I just woke up and will not be able to make it. Just as the sms was sent, I decided to call him. Apparantly he just reached and I thought to myself... "Hey I might just be able to make it" and so I took a quick shower and was out of the house in minutes... reached the meeting point 15mins later... and then we were off!!






The journey to Pulau Carey was long. It was on the way to Banting. There was no signboard for the Golf Club nor Pulau Carey as a matter of fact. All there was, was a road sign 'Jalan Pulau Carey' and we turned in. We were greeted by a friendly police check point but were let thru. We were now in Sime Darby Plantation. The drive was a pleasant one. With the morning sunshine just nice, the oil palm trees on either side, workers were busy doing their jobs, it was a very nostalgic drive... after 10km or so... we finally reached the club house. It looked very colonial but had a nice feel to it.





As we got out of the car, we weren't prepared for what we saw... half the golf course was flooded!! OMG!!

We drove like 40km and now there was a chance we couldn't get to play. Bobby went into the club house and asked.. well it seemed that it had rained the entire night till morning but we were allowed to play.. as long as we didn't mind the water. Well since we had driven all the way out here, might as well play and I get to test my Nike shoes cos it was supposed to be waterproof and if water went in, I can claim warranty.

The course was a 9 hole walking course and the green fees were RM30. I had borrowed the trolley the night before from Helmi so I didn't have to rent it. Bobby carried his half set. Kevin rented one. Then were on our way.

The 1st hole was a killer. There was a flower garden in the centre and the green was across the road... 1st hole of the day... SUCKED!!

We didn't bother keeping score except in our on heads. Kevin was very new to golf and has not sepped into a course before. So naturally he was searching high and low for this balls that went out of bounds (OB) which dragged on the game. A few times his tee off went to the other tee off box and scared the living daylights out of the other golfers. It was funny!!

So far the shoe was doing its part of keeping my feet dry until the 4th hole and my feet literally was ankle deep in water. Well all was wet now. If it hadn't been for the water, it would have been a nice easy course. The sand trap was fairly easy and flat so was the green. The only thing was, water hazard was everywhere and sometimes it was not the flooded as we thought, it was actually a small lake with fishes swimming in it.

In the entire game, I lost 6 balls to water hazards, had 3 boogeys, 1 double boogey and the rest is no point mentioning. Bobby was also not having the best of days. His drive was good but his short game killed it for him!! All in all it was an OK day... could have been better but well thats golf.

We finished at 11:20 and we were off... ask if I would come back again? well maybe... if someone else drove... for RM30 it was kinda worth it.

2 comments:

  1. that really is gonna affect ur golf match. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep.. you can say that again... walking around in Soggy Water Proof Shoe hahaha...

    ReplyDelete