Welcome To The World Of A Cycling Dad

From Gaming to Paintball to RC Driting to Golfing and finally to Cycling! Never did I thought that I would one day be hooked onto Cycling but here I am and there is no turining back! The roads maybe long, the climbs maybe steep and the downhills maybe deep... but as my RFC captain always says,

"As Long As The Mind Is Willing, The Body Will Follow!"





Sunday, April 18, 2010

GROUNDED FOR 2 WEEKS!!

It all started during the Fraser's Hill trip. During the downhill portion on the way back, the outside of my right knee started to hurt. The slight pain and discomfort lasted for 2 days, so I shrugged it off thinking it was just cos the muscle was tired.

1 week later, during the night ride on MEX & Kesas Highway, the pain came back. It was more painful now but still bearable and managed to complete the ride and somehow keep up a bit with the rest of the guys. After getting home, the pain was sharper and stronger. Couldn't walk properly for 2 days but after seeing the local GP and being prescribe Glucosamine, the pain went away. So once again I thought it was all good until....

Saturday - Yesterday... the Gombak-Ulu Yam-Batang Kali-Gotong Jaya-Gombak ride... after 2 big climbs at the start of Ulu Yam dam and the Batang Kali stretch, my knee gave way. The pain was super unbearable! Even after a short rest at the 'warong', I couldn't kick start without wincing in pain! *FUCK!!* So I loaded up the bike on to the support car and sat in it the rest of the journey.

After the whole ride had ended, I went to see the Sports Injury Clinic in Subang Jaya SS15. They were closing but I managed to get an appointment for this morning 9am.

9am - day of reckoning... went for my appointment at the clinic and after the doc examined the knee, did some X-ray and Ultrasound... it was my tendon!! It was inflamed and had a minor tear (Grade 1 Tear). I was to be off cycling or putting pressure on my knee for the next 2 weeks... Basically I was GROUNDED!! BUMMER!!

...and next week is the Hulu Langgat trip that I was looking forward for... SIGH!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awww man... thats too bad.. hope for you speedy recovery and take care... Lets RIDE !!! aightt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Giant!! Yeah will do... hope to ride with you soon!!

    ReplyDelete