Welcome To The World Of A Cycling Dad

From Gaming to Paintball to RC Driting to Golfing and finally to Cycling! Never did I thought that I would one day be hooked onto Cycling but here I am and there is no turining back! The roads maybe long, the climbs maybe steep and the downhills maybe deep... but as my RFC captain always says,

"As Long As The Mind Is Willing, The Body Will Follow!"





Sunday, April 11, 2010

Something Other Than Cycling

After helping the wifey with our son, I was out the door at 8:40am... and no I was not going for a ride... Wanted to do something diffrerent this weekend..

I was meeting up with Mr "Lampre" Helmi at the Guthrie Driving Range at 9am. My car air-cond was still not working but it was alright as the weather was cool... As I exited the highway onto a slip road, I saw the course on the right.. this was it.

Parked my car and unloaded my bag.. the driving range was a double story range.. You have to go get your own balls (golf balls) unlike the Sunway Range where they bring it to you.. anyway it was no biggie.. Helmi was on the 2nd floor and I went up to join him..

The SUN was blazing down on us.. there was no cover from it.. so as we hit balls after balls.. I think I lost 1 whole kg just by sweating alone.. finally finish all 100 balls and we hit the stalls for a drink.

This place has a 18 hole pitch and putt course and it only cost RM20 (though we did not have to pay). We tried out 2 holes before abandoning it cos it was almost noon and it was just too bloody hot to continue and also the fact that it is a walking course with no buggy.. and i was lugging around my full golf set!!

So off we went but will surely be back again with the other RFCs along!!

No comments:

Post a Comment